Thursday, July 28, 2011

Hair Tag!

I was reading My Healthy Hair Journey and she had a Tag posted to everyone. I decided I would give it a shot!

21 Questions Hair Tag!


1. Why did you start taking better care of your hair?
I wanted it to be healthy and I wanted to see if I could reach BSL.

2. What are your 2 favorite products?
Aussie conditioner and AVJ

3. Who's hair did you admire as a child?
I think I would say Jada Pinkett Smith. She is able to rock long hair, short hair, wavy hair, straight hair, and even braids.

4. What is your ultimate goal length?
I think BSL or MBL would be just fine for me.

5. How are you going to celebrate when you reach it?
Cutting some long layers. I am not real big on taking pictures but I might do a professional photo shoot.

6. Two styles you want to try at your goal length?
I would like to try big long spiral curls and just wear my hair down a little more.
7. Which do you prefer: Health or length?
I want it all!!!

8. Which do you prefer: Hair ties with no metal parts, or butterfly clips?
Hair ties with no metal parts

9. What products do you prefer: salon brands, organic brands, BSS brands or drugstore brands?
BSS

10. Which product/technique do you think is over-rated?
Working in sections

11. Which product/technique do you think is under-rated?
Baggying! I think this is part of the reason I have not retained the amount of length I wanted. I will be doing this when I wear my buns, half wigs, and lace front wigs (if i decide to start wearing them).

12. What is your favorite part of your hair regimen?
Co washing. I love it.

13. What is the most annoying part of your hair regimen?
Getting in and out of the shower

14. Oils or butters?
Oils

15. Bun or ponytail?
Bun

16. Wig or weave (or neither)?
I wear both but I think I prefer half wigs over weaves so that I can wash my hair the way I want to on wash days.

17. What is your opinion on growth aids?
Just what it says. It is a growth AID! I think people feel if they use a growth aid they will get this long beautiful hair. Well I do not think you will get that hair you desire if you do not moisturise, seal, condition your hair, or keep your scalp clean.
18. What length do you consider long?
APL+

19. When is the last time you've been to a salon?
I went last Saturday but before that I was over a year

20. What do you like to surf the most: youtube channels, personal blogs or hair forums?
youtube but everyone is trying to go natural so I have not been surfing youtube in a while.

21. And finally, what piece of advice would you give to someone just starting out their hair journey?
Be patient, consistent, and find out what works for you.

Thanks for Reading,
DeeDee

No comments: